Sunday, November 22, 2015

November guest designer: Louise

 
Hello I am Louise, a wife, mum and avid scrapbooker.  I teach full-time (Maths and Science) and am from a small town just a few miles north of Nottingham.   I was so excited to be chosen as Novembers guest designer for the double layout sketch.  And what an amazing sketch it was to use.   I knew straight away that I would do a Christmas layout - to me it is all about love and joy.   The challenge was finding the photos to scrap.  My teenage sons are at that age where they (a) hide or (b) pull silly faces when the camera lens points there way.  I also knew that I wanted to use project life cards in place of some of the photos.  I ended up making some of my own to mix in.  I loved the bold geometric lines of the sketch and decided to echo this by edging everything with black.  A few punched hearts and flowers (to echo the hearts in the pink paper) and enamel dots (my favourite embellishment at the moment) finished the layout.  I have been scrap booking for 10 years and mainly do layouts about my family - although I have recently challenged myself to do more layouts with scenic photos.   I blog about my scrapbooking and life here http://arimumscrapping.blogspot.co.uk/.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love your take on this sketch, Louise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.