Friday, December 22, 2017

December guest designer... Amanda

She's no stranger to SID - welcome Amanda back! :)

  
I’m Amanda and I live in Essex in the UK, where I work part-time as a bookkeeper. My main hobby is scrapbooking but I’ve also been making cards for about 20 years. Even after all this time I much prefer working from a sketch to coming up with my own ideas for new cards. I'd like to thank Ashley and the Stick It Down team for asking me to be a guest designer this month.

When I saw Laura's card sketch, my immediate thought was to just copy the fringed tree, but 
I don't have any fringing scissors so I started looking for another way to make a layered pattern. My bracket border punch can make lozenge shapes when overlapped and I thought the shapes would be rather effective on a Christmas bauble.

You can see more of Amanda's work on her BLOG

Here's our card sketch:

 Here's Amanda's card:


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.